Pushing the boundaries – ACTA International Conference
In 2018 SA TESOL hosted the ACTA Conference. The 2020 biennial conference was due to be held in Brisbane, hosted by QATESOL. Due to COVID-19, the conference has been re-scheduled to 2021. Click on the Conference page here to find out more.
SA TESOL supports and represents EAL educators in all educational sectors – primary, secondary, tertiary, adult and community to achieve quality education for learners of English as an additional language or dialect (EALD). Download the constitution 2017 approved at the SA TESOL AGM in 2017.
- has members from primary, secondary, tertiary and community sectors
- provides representation for EALD/ESL educators at state and national forums
- provides a range of learning and development activities
- publishes and distributes state and national journals
SA TESOL provides a variety of learning and development activities. These focus on
- language teaching and learning
- cultural exchange
- EALD/ESL teacher standards
SA TESOL is an active member of the Australian Council for TESOL Associations (ACTA) which provides a voice for TESOL educators and their students at the national level.