SA TESOL supports and represents EAL educators in all educational sectors – primary, secondary, tertiary, adult and community to achieve quality education for learners of English as an additional language or dialect (EALD). Download the constitution 2017 approved at the SA TESOL AGM in 2017.
- has members from primary, secondary, tertiary and community sectors
- provides representation for EALD/ESL educators at state and national forums
- provides a range of learning and development activities
- publishes and distributes state and national journals
SA TESOL provides a variety of learning and development activities. These focus on
- language teaching and learning
- cultural exchange
- EALD/ESL teacher standards
SA TESOL is an active member of the Australian Council for TESOL Associations (ACTA) which provides a voice for TESOL educators and their students at the national level.
SA TESOL Members have access to professional Learning and other events provided by TESOL Associations nationwide, click here for upcoming events.
Pushing the boundaries – ACTA International Conference
In 2018 SA TESOL hosted the ACTA Conference. The 2020 biennial conference was due to be held in Brisbane, hosted by QATESOL. Due to COVID-19, the conference has been re-scheduled to Septermber 2022. Click on the Conference page here to find out more.